View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #91
gardencurls

Use the Biolage Conditioning Balm. I don't know the ingredients for Biolage, but the ingredients in Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm are:Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwack) Extract, Methyl-2-Octynoate

The more damaged hair is, the harder it is to find just the right ingredients to get it to behave like it's healthy. When you mentioned your "stringy" ends in your pony tail, all I could think was that your hair has reached the point of no return. The trim should help a lot! That's the only thing I could do when I reached that state, as well. And I had to cut my hair in layers...not even any kind of style. If I didn't have curly hair, I'd look like I got in a fight with a lawnmower and lost. When I reached this "breaking" point with my hair, I had to give it moisture, but it couldn't take much else. It probably doesn't matter what helpful ingredients you add to it right now if it's not hydrated. I've noticed that I have to switch around products, depending upon the weather and/or the season.

Panthenol, silk protein, etc. don't cause tangles, but they can temporarily make hair look and feel better when they're applied to hair. Hair coloring, however, definitely damages hair. Your coloring probably added just enough damage to your already severely damaged hair that it doesn't want to absorb anything any more. PM Shines are demi-permanent, so they lift your hair with peroxide. Peroxide breaks down melanin, and weakens the hair shaft, and the hair shaft cannot be repaired, just remedied.

If I were you, I'd just try to add moisture moisture moisture moisture for awhile. I'd possibly do a few heavy-duty LeKair Cholesterol treatments. (Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol & PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil & Stearalkonium Choloride, Mineral oil, Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, Aloe, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Acetate, Vitamin A & D, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #4, Fragrance.) They could help add enough moisture so that you're hair can look more likes its old self. Cholesterol is an old-fashioned remedy, but sometimes it's still really helpful!

Another really gentle product is Cure Care Conditioner, but it does contain protein: (Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Polymethoxy Bicyclic Oxazolidine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid.) Still, it might be good to use it as a wash, and then add the Biolage Balm as a rinse and a leave-in. You could also try Free & Clear conditioner (Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Ceteareth 20, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Potassium Sorbate, Panthenol, Citric Acid.)