View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
gardencurls

tenapaige, what's your hair like? Is it thick? Dry? Tight curls?

I can tell you inexpensive brands, but I don't know which formulations I could recommend. My hair is naturally very dry, and it's closer to "thick", than "medium-thick". A single application wash/rinse of my hair conditioner, on my hair, uses more product than some people probably use in a year. Plus, I use a leave-in conditioner and a curl cream.

I agree with other recommendations for the SheaMoisture line. I haven't used any of the shampoo or conditioner, but I use the moisturizer spray, the curl milk, and the smoothie, and they're great. I get my products at Target, and they're not too expensive. Target also has the Kinky Curly line. I love their products as well, but they come in tiny bottles and they're definitely more than $10.00 each. Still, Kinky Curly Knot Today, is a product that comes as close to perfection as anything I've ever come across. For my hair, it's truly amazing. Kinky Curly also has a clarifying shampoo that's excellent. I use it about once a month to once every two months.
Favorites: Ouidad Climate Control Gel, KC Knot Today, Curl Keeper, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Mystic Divine Leave-in Conditioner Spray, Miss Jessie's SSS Shampoo, Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft & Jelly Soft Curls,Tweek, Mist-er Right
gardencurls is offline   Reply With Quote