View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #288
claudine19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
How does one get glowing without glitter?
Agreed with Myrna. Glowing can mean different things. I.e., shimmer and pearlescence can give a glow. Shimmer is like glitter but with smaller particles. So shimmer is less intense. Some highlighters are pearlescent, which is an even softer look.

You can also get a glow from moisture or sheen. E.g., wearing liquid foundation without powder on top can give a certain dewy glow. Mac makes an oil that can be mixed with foundation to enhance the effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrna View Post
Hi, New Black, thank you for the reply. Revlon Skinlights is too "lit up", I have it and use it as a highllighter, also, I think it may be discontinued, do you know? Was not able to find the Nivea product you mentioned when I googled it.

Im a gal on a budget and cannot do the high end foundations. I would like a foundation that can be "built", ie, you can vary the coverage. I have very fair skin with a pink tone, not beige or yellow, and prefer a liquid. My eyes and hair are dark. I currently use 2 Maybelline foundations, Dream Mousse, and Age Rewind; I also have a MK foundation that is supposed to be luminous, and the jury is out on that product as of yet. Someone recommended a new Benefit foundation...

Additional comments appreciated.
Sorry, I don't know if that other product is disc.
That is exactly what I was puzzled about!

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote