Garden, I don't use a sleep bonnet. I had a satin pillowcase, but never found it cozy.

My hair is exactly how you described in your first paragraph. I had to try to stop myself from touching it today - coils were so fun and it's shiny, bouncy and the color is GORGEOUS!

I can ONLY seem to use KCCC and KCKT lately with no problem. Everything else is on WATCH - haha. I'm thinking silk is a no- no but shea may be okay. I'm going to just experiment with coconut next. Then shea. And have those at least. Then panthenol - though that's tougher to isolate.

I really just need a good arsenal of protein free and maybe even glycerin free...

But yep, I did what you described for YEARS - adding this and that thinking I was helping but not being aware of so many ingredients that were killing my hair.

Now I don't know if I'm TRULY protein sensitive or I just had protein OVERLOAD - hard to say, but I'm on like total elimination diet and just slowly adding back. Right now I know FHG is definitely out - and Komaza Coconut pudding is on trial.

Thanks for the suggestion for 10 volume - good one.

Oh, BTW, I did Mayo-oil-egg again today and added heat and it soaked it right up - I don't know why my hair loves that combo even though it's protein, right? Just the egg is though - so my hair can apparently handle egg protein ?
3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!