View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #101
LilaGirl

Garden, I don't use a sleep bonnet. I had a satin pillowcase, but never found it cozy.

My hair is exactly how you described in your first paragraph. I had to try to stop myself from touching it today - coils were so fun and it's shiny, bouncy and the color is GORGEOUS!

I can ONLY seem to use KCCC and KCKT lately with no problem. Everything else is on WATCH - haha. I'm thinking silk is a no- no but shea may be okay. I'm going to just experiment with coconut next. Then shea. And have those at least. Then panthenol - though that's tougher to isolate.

I really just need a good arsenal of protein free and maybe even glycerin free...

But yep, I did what you described for YEARS - adding this and that thinking I was helping but not being aware of so many ingredients that were killing my hair.

Now I don't know if I'm TRULY protein sensitive or I just had protein OVERLOAD - hard to say, but I'm on like total elimination diet and just slowly adding back. Right now I know FHG is definitely out - and Komaza Coconut pudding is on trial.

Thanks for the suggestion for 10 volume - good one.

Oh, BTW, I did Mayo-oil-egg again today and added heat and it soaked it right up - I don't know why my hair loves that combo even though it's protein, right? Just the egg is though - so my hair can apparently handle egg protein ?

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
LilaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote