Ok I did the mix, with oil, 1 TBSP of sugar, and 2 TBSP of olive oil. It was more oily, not a dry paste, but a liquidy one. Anyways I applied, and massaged a little while, not too hard, but it felt very grainy, I used white sugar (it's all I had). Anyways, I did it on dry and I left it on 20 minutes. then I wetted my hair for a second, and then put the shampoo (lowpoo) on and started massaging that. OWWWW!! That was not good, I was giving it pressure at this point and the sugar was still there, and was rough. The last time I did a rub, it was more sugar than oil, so it was a paste and less grainy, and when I put the lowpoo on right away, I didn't feel that sensation.

Anyways.. . . I shed LOts of hair and my scalp looks cleaner ( I did it for product buildup) BUT , throughout the day, I had that sensation that I still had granules of sugar on my scalp, digging into my scalp. Not the greatest feeling, no burn, but just like irritated scalp. Now I"m scared to do this again. Can you all help please? do I just need to rinse longer before lowpoo or did I massage too hard?? I hope I didn't do any terrible damage or anything
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness