View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
RedCatWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by susirene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
I too am socially far left but fiscally conservative. Undecided at this time but leaning towards Obama. I will be watching.
You might check out Gary Johnson - he's the libertarian candidate and is getting shut out of a lot of debates. He is fiscally very conservative but is pro-marriage equality and pro-choice. He is also pro-legalization of marijuana and has some less traditional (but in my opinion, quite logical) views on immigration, which also tie into his views on legalization of marijuana. He was New Mexico's governor for 8 years, and re-elected for his second term (as a Republican!) in that majority-democrat state. I don't love every single one of his policies, but he is far more in line with my beliefs than either of the major party candidates.

Gary Johnson is not pro-choice. He wants to overturn Roe v Wade. He's not pro-gay-marriage either. He's only pro-civil-union. Not the same thing at all.

A vote for a third-party candidate is usually considered a waste of a vote....but if a person wants to waste their Romney vote on Johnson, I'm all for it.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote