Jas my hair is very very porous. I end up applying conditioner while my hair is drying. Ill apply conditioner in sections...tons! Then plop and after about a 20 min plop ill let my hair down to dry. As it drys my hair will fuzz a little where my hair sucked all the conditioner so ill smooth a tiny bit on and repeat as necessary. I also notice I might need a little more conditioner by the end of the day and in the am for 2nd day hair.

Might sound like a hassle but honestly I love it more then any gel I've tried. Conditioner gives me steady results where gel is hit or miss.
Originally Posted by greencup13
Really? And this doesn't weigh you down??

How strong is your curl pattern, though? I think that may be a huge factor.
Originally Posted by Jas76
My hair prefers lighter conditioners to style. I always do the drip test. If the conditioner slides off my hand when I tilt my hand then its going to be great. So I used suave coconut and today I used suave everlasting sun and my hair loves it! Honestly Gel weighs my hair down more I feel. My hair will dry more 2c 3a with gel.

As far as strong curl patter...I really dont know what that means. When my hair is wet its poker straight and only curly on the ends. If i would just let my hair air dry with out doing anything to it it would just be a little wavy. In the past when I would blow dry my hair and try to use rollers or an iron but big curls my hair just falls flat. Sooo...Im guessing that makes my curl pattern weak?
3A 3B mix
Colored treated
Combo Low and High porosity
Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
Lo-Poo- As I am Shampoo, Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Co-wash- Suave Ocean Breeze, As I Am Co-wash
RO-GVPCB, CJ curl assurance conditioner
DT- CJ curl rehab
LI- As I Am leave in,

Style- Sauve Everlasting Sunshine