Thread: hysterectomy?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
spiderlashes5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwritt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
Anyone want to share their experiences? I just turned 39 and I have a hyst scheduled for next month. No cancer, no endo, no fibroids, just continuous very light bleeding for the past 4 months that did not respond to an ablation. I am planning on using the daVinci robot and keeping my ovaries (God willing).

I was absolutely fine w/ my decision but a lot of people are trying to talk me out of it now (since it's official and not just an idea). One boardie already shared her story w/ me and hers was a positive one...so I'm not completely terrified.

PMs are fine, too. Thanks.

How long ago did you have the ablation? I'm asking because I still had spotting for months after having mine. But then spotting was nothing compared to the horrendous bleeding the ablation remedied for me..
I think you just do what you need to do for your body, but if the docs cant really tell you what is causing your spotting, hysterectomy sounds like an extreme solution.Could it be hormones?
Did the spotting ever stop after the ablation? And how long after?

All I really had prior to the ablation was spotting. And nothing has changed since the ablation. Same exact spotting. So nothing has been remedied for me.

I had the ablation in August.

I just went to see my dr yesterday and he said I should be seeing an improvement by now.

Yes, it could be hormonal. The dr said sometimes hormones go crazy at my age...but usually it happens closer to menopause.

I am under a ridiculous amount of stress and I read that intense stress can cause you not to ovulate and then there is a build up of blood and endometrium that doesn't get shed from month to month, so bleeding in btwn periods can happen. But it's been 4.5 months of nonstop light bleeding.

Yes, a hyst does seem extreme. But is it bad to do something extreme? I just don't see any other options. And I don't have any help here so I need to schedule whatever I do around my mother's twice yearly visits.

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote