View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Res

Default x-post: New Hair Cut! And questions! (long)

Hi all!

I don't post much but once in awhile I come back to see what new products are around.

I got a hair cut on Thursday and I love it. It's still quite long and layered.

Attachment 25551

My stylist has curly hair and was very much into the idea of shampooing not at all or not often. I think she does use cones but that is okay.

I am always so amazed by how my scalp feels after they wash it. Maybe I do not scrub my head enough but it just feels so great. I get up to four days of hair. The third and fourth day are usually a ponytail and a bun but that is okay. It's nice not to have to wash my hair so much. Second day hair is usually down.

I must admit I am super heavy handed on my products. I am okay with that because it all scrunches out and my curls hold. But on the second day I add more product. I do need some product but I think I could use a lot less. Maybe I am using the wrong products on day two and so on.

What I use:

stylers - Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee. This is the only thing I use. I have LA Looks Yellow for when I run out but it doesn't have a ton of hold for me. I've considered looking for some kind of cream but what I am doing is working for me. I don't need a curl enhancer really. Some days my curls are looser but that is okay.

cowash - Any Suave or V05 really.

low poo - I ordered Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat shampoo because I think it will be good for my scalp. I love the tingly feeling of tea tree.

RO conditioner - I use a ton, right now I use SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner. I also like GVP Conditioning Balm and GVP Hair Reconstructor. I've had good luck with Tresemme Naturals Moisture - but I have not been able to find it sadly.

leave in - Right now I am using Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol. I've liked it for quite awhile but now it seems kind of producty. I like it because it isn't a ton of slip. I know that might sound weird but I need a leave in that is moisturizing but not a ton of slip because it just frizzes for me. I am considering using SheaMoisture as a leave in.

I use Hollywood Beauty's Tea Tree Oil but I am not sure if I should look for a better one. Speaking of oil, I am considering sealing. I am not sure if Lustrasilk serves as a sealer? But anyway, if I understand sealing it is done after leave in and before styling and just on the ends... ?

For second day hair I usually put a bit of Lustrasilk and BRHG. Sometimes I go overboard and it just feels sticky. If I skip the Lustrasilk it is usually better. Which is weird, I would think I need Lustrasilk more so for moisture. Right now I am looking for new ways to handle second day hair. What do you all do?

Co-Wash: most any silicone free V05 or Suave | RO: GVP Cond. Balm, GVP Joico K Pak, Tresemme Naturals Moisutrizing Cond., SheaMoisture Shea Butter Restorative Cond. | LI: one of my rinse outs | DT: one of my rinse outs with oil | Stylers: BRHG
Res is offline   Reply With Quote