So I went ahead and used the soap bar I got at whole foods today, and here is my experience so far:

First off, it lathers like crazy, making the already inexpensive bar even more economical, which is awesome. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt kind of icky though, like it was coated in soap scum. I almost wanted to start over with low-poo but I had to see the end result, so I followed with conditioner (jessicurl too shea) and a leave in (kckt). I skipped oils and products because I really wanted to see the effect of the soap. Detangling wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't particularly bad either. Too shea isn't much of a detangling conditioner for me anyway, although it is nice and moisturizing. Anyway, I let my hair airdry with no manipulation or anything, and when it was 70% dry, it still felt a little soap-scummy. I went to look in the mirror, and honestly I wasn't expecting it to be good at all given to soap residue feeling. But I was so wrong! Holy curls!!! There's no frizz (my hair always has frizz), and I have some awesome clumpage going on, but I also have AWESOME volume! And my hair seems a lot curlier. It's also really moisturized and my dry ends feel much better. My only complaint, looks wise, is that it's not *quite* as shiny as it could be, which seems to be directly related to the residue. But everything else is perfection. Should I try using ACV to get rid of that feeling and add shine? Next time I'll try sealing with some coconut oil too, but despite the setbacks I have to say I'm REALLY happy with the results. My curls have been so droopy and frizzy lately, and they are BACK! Plus I love the volume, with my fine hair it's so hard to get nice clumps without completely destroying volume.
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond