I do not find Rou's political posts criticizing the USA to be offensive. I think Americans should know how we look to outsiders...which is pretty damn stupid for allowing these radical religious nuts to steal our country. It's embarrassing, for sure, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't face it. Putting our heads in the sand and getting mad at citizens of other countries for holding up a mirror so we can se ourselves won't help us.

Rou, please keep holding the mirror. We obviously need it.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I agree that the US is not above criticism - notably on foreign policy and social infrastructure. But I also think that we in Canada have plenty of radical religious right-wing nuts of our own, and while perhaps the ones in the US are worse, the US doesn't have the market cornered. I wouldn't have a problem with rou's posts if they had more of a flavour of "listen up, US, your wignuts are influencing ours - they look up to you and want to be just like you so we both need to stamp this out", but her posts on US politics have rubbed me the wrong way for a while because they SEEM to come from a superior standpoint as if Canadian politics is all hunky-dory or has only minor problems. We need to be just as vigilant about this stuff here where we can do something about it as we do in pointing out the faults of others that we can't control.

I didn't say anything because I thought I was the only one or maybe reading into it the wrong way, plus I know rou is a nice person and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but it is getting a bit much to see all these gleeful comments about US politicians when our own idiots are working my nerves every day. It annoys me that some Canadians are more informed about politics south of the border than here.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali