juanab-

You are absolutely correct. It has been awhile since my surgery and forgot to mention the bilateral oophorectomy. I had a total hysterectomy AND a bilateral oophorectomy which I believe was the main cause of my problems.

Readers:
If at all possible, KEEP YOUR OVARIES INTACT. There are a lot of things we can do without, but I believe that the ovaries are very important in achieving the quality of life you deserve.

On a bright note, I also neglected to mention that my "curly" daughter had a vaginal hysterectomy due to endometriosis and fibroids (uterus only) and she is doing very well. The endo had not destroyed her ovaries yet. She may still lose one, but she will always have a healthy one.

Modified CG since July 2012

2c-3a-3b depending on the day and the weather - Color my gray - med to long length

Deva low-poo
co-wash -TJTTT
cond - DC1
Gio leave in
KCCC, LA sport gel or Deva arc angel, BRHG
Protein sensitive- loves a drop or two of jojoba oil
Cone free
mod. super soaker, pixie-curl if I diffuse at all, must clip the top
Originally Posted by CurlyBoomer
CB, I wholeheartedly agree with keeping your ovaries if at all possible.

I believe your daughter will be fine with one ovary. I only have one and it is still in good working order, 12 years later.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder