View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
adthomas

If you don't like natural then don't be natural. Honestly I get the feeling you have this grass is greener on the other side syndrome. Whether hair is natural or relaxed it requires upkeep. If you neglect the relaxed hair it will break off. unless you plan to self relax you are going to be in a salon chair paying someone to do your hair. For me touchups usually meant spending four to six hours in a salon bc even though I had appointment, stylists usually overbooked. The relaxers would also give me chemical burns in my scalp. A stylist told me to use Neosporin.
I'm not writing this to convince you either way but I think some people think a big chop or a relaxer will make them never have a hair problem again. That is not realistic. You might also research dif brands of relaxers or BKTs beforehand to make an informed decision instead of a rash one you might regret. Also if I remember correctly you have extremely long hair so be prepared that first relaxer on virgin hair is going to be pricey at a salon.