View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
B-wavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Homemade fermented kefir water with green tea, nettle tea, ginger, and lemon. It's my daily drink. I never get sick anymore. It keeps my guts moving and my respiratory system free of any infection.
Would you mind sharing your recipe RCW? Over the past few years I've had several respiratory issues, due to allergies. It normally hits in the spring but I'm having horrible delayed allergies this fall.

I've been trying to drink 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar, in a glass of water, every day. It is good for your system and I do feel a positive overall change, when I keep up with it. I can be slack when it comes to taking something every single day, but I'm working on that.
I'd be interested in your recipe also, RCW. I recently began drinking kefir (Lifeway from the grocery store) just to see if I'd like it before I got into making my own. I know the grocery store stuff isn't supposed to be as effective, but I'm already seeing some benefits. And I just found out about the water kefir which I think I'd be more inclined to make since I'd like to get away from dairy.

I take a multi-vitamin, flax seed oil, calcium, and acidophilus daily. If I do feel a cold coming on, I start taking zinc tablets and drink hot ginger tea, and that usually heads it off. I don't get sick often though.

eta: I also drink either green or white tea throughout the day and have been doing so for the past several years. I think that's made a big difference too.

Last edited by B-wavy; 10-09-2012 at 06:14 AM.
B-wavy is offline   Reply With Quote