View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
LadyV69

Default Help with weight loss

So, three years ago, I went on BC. Seasonelle, to be exact. The doctor switched me to Seasonique a few months later as it was shown to cause less spotting than Seasonelle. I had been on BC about 12-15 years before that but I went off it partly due to weight gain. A lot of doctors claim that weight gain with hormonal BC is a myth, but that's BS since many of them that claim it's a myth are men. Hormones affect women in a lot of different ways. Anyhoo, the first two years I was back on BC, I didn't notice much weight gain. However, last year, they came out with the generic version of Seasonique and my doctor and insurance company switched me to the generic as they want you to get the medication that is the least expensive available. I have gained 10 pounds in a year. Last year, I was only able to lose 5 of those pounds. After my vacation in Cancun this summer, it turned out that I regained the 5 pounds I had previously lost and so far, I've only lost 2.5 pounds. I went through a rough time this summer and as a result, I didn't go to the gym for over a month, nor did I eat all that healthy. However, as of the first week of September, I've cleaned up my eating habits and gone back to the gym and I'm still not at the weight I want to be. I'd like to lose at least another 7.5 pounds. The fact that I've only lost 2.5 pounds within a 4 or 5 week period indicates to me that the pill is partly at fault as I've been exercising 4 days a week and cut out fast food and a lot of processed carbs. Without the pill, I would be down at least another 2 pounds by now. I'm not about to pressure the doctor to fight the insurance company to switch me back to the brand name Seasonique. I work in managed care, I know for a fact that the insurance company won't consider weight gain a legitimate reason to switch me back. I am thinking of going off the pill entirely when I finish the latest pack I have at the end of November. However, until then, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lose the weight while on the pill?
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
LadyV69 is offline   Reply With Quote