View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
BellaChix

Unhappy My hair is not happy!

My hairís been behaving really oddly lately. Iíve only been CG for a little over a month now, so itís probably just that itís still adjusting. But for the first couple of weeks of CG my hair was pretty great compared to now. I feel like lately itís gotten worse instead of better so Iím flummoxed! Maybe you guys have some thoughts.

This past week my hairís been feeling kind of ďplastickyĒ. When it dries and I SOTC, the wet look doesnít seem to go away completely. It no longer feels crunchy, but some hairs still feel plasticky and just a bit oily and almost weighed down. Sounds like it could be build up, but I just low-pooed on Monday morning, and I cowashed this morning (I wanted to wait another day, but it was feeling unbearably oily), and it still feels weird today. I thought that maybe I was going too heavy on the KCCC, so I tried using a bit less today. Maybe I need to use even less? Maybe itís my gel? Iím currently still using LíOreal Everstyle curl sculpting gel, and Iíve been using it since going CG and Iíve never had this issue with it. Then I thought that it could be my pomade. I bought Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste a few weeks ago and have been using a small amount to help with scrunching out the crunch, and it was working fabulously. It has castor oil in it, so I thought that could be the culprit, but I havenít used it for the past couple of days, and I still have this icky feeling today.

Besides that the only thing Iíve changed recently is conditioners. I was using Giovanni smooth as silk, but I ran out, so I picked up some Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner last week and have been using it as my leave in. I also bought Tressemme Naturals nourishing moisture conditioner to use a rinse out since Iíve realized I use a lot of the rinse out and the Shea is a bit too pricey for me to use as both. Could these new conditioners be having an effect on my hair?

Iím so clueless when it comes to what my hair likes and doesnít like and completely clueless on my hair properties, even though Iíve read up on them! As far as I can tell, my hairís about medium texture, with coarser hairs on my crown. Medium density. I know my ends are porous because I did a float test with a strand of hair and the ends sank immediately, but the roots continued to float. So medium to high porosity I would say. I have more of a wave than a real curl, although some strands curl like ringlets from time to time and my hair has been looking curlier since I started using KCCC. Other than that, Iím completely clueless and Iím starting to get really discouraged with CG. Any thoughts?

Water rinse/condition daily; co-wash every other day; low-poo once a week.
Current products
SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, Suave Naturals (Coconut or Ocean Breeze), Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner/Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, KCCC, L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel/Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
BellaChix is offline   Reply With Quote