Hey, I've got the same properties I try to stay away from excessive amounts of protein. And to be honest, my hair likes silicones... I use very rich conditioners and leave-ins with lots of oils, etc to moisturize my hair and then products with a light amount of silicones to smooth out the coarseness and make my hair feel softer. I've kept this up for a year now and my hair is long and happy

That said, CG also works for a lot of coarse/low-po curlies. My favorite CG products are Tressemme Naturals conditioners and Renpure Organics Brazilian Keratin Conditioner (has more coconut oil than keratin, super moisturizing) for conditioners, L'Oreal Cleansing Condish for a cowash, Renpure Red Bottle low-poo, and for stylers the SheaMoisture Curl Milk. I also LOVE coconut oil and argan oil.

For non-CG, I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Balm and TIGI Catwalk Curlesque Curls Amplifier. Love. Soft, shiny, sleek waves and 5th day hair. And I use Beautiful Textures products from Sally's.

Generally, I like gentle low-poos (cowashing is ok but pooing is better, allows my conditioners to penetrate better) which I sometimes mix with light CG conditioners to make them more gentle. Then I use heavy-duty moisturizing conditioner with lots of oils. Then my siliconey styling products, which don't build up much because they aren't too too coney. The end.
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!

Last edited by oh.hi.its.steph; 10-10-2012 at 10:11 PM.