[QUOTE=Korkscrew;2049655]
... whereas my friend with very straight hair tried curling her hair and I kid you not it only lasted for about an hour or 2 before it was completely straight again.
Originally Posted by curlygreek63
I remember this happening ages ago when I still chemically straightened my hair. It was very, very frustrating I could never get it completely straight (always had a weird wave or two), AND curling irons created only temporary curls when I tried to curl it. My hair looked awful.

Agree with you about all the different types of curls. I love that you can find different curl patterns on the same head, too. Honestly, I'm just in love with the way curls look all along the spectrum. Sometimes I stare at someone's curly hair - anyone's really, even my own at times - and think, "Wow, I can't believe something with that shape actually grows out of a scalp!" Straight hair just does not have an awe factor like that, for me.[/QUOTE]

+1 - when I see a head of curls, I instantly think "wow, they look really striking", because curly hair is individual and different and can really stand out in a crowd!
UK Curly
Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
Porosity : High
Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
CG since Feb 2011