Thread: Doubting CG
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
kathymack

You have to do what works for you. I cowashed for six months and my hair was okay. Started using natural soap bars to cleanse when they were the rage on nc.com a little over two years ago--and my curls POPPED! That's why I consider myself modified CG.

Now, I make sure to use a cleansing conditioner (CJ Daily Fix) every 3-6 weeks for it's chelating properties. Occasionally use a lowpoo when I need to remove an ingredient my hair doesn't like, or every few months as I think I might need it. I agree with seamelody14. I'd try a lowpoo. If things don't improve, something stronger.

While some swear by dry cuts, my stylist of 30+ years cuts my hair wet. IMHO, I've never gotten a bad cut (and am asked who cuts my hair A LOT.)

It's good to know your hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your properties, you can look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures) and do. It's the best place to start.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote