So I've been doing the CG method for a while now, probably a year at this point, though there was a little while a few months ago that I didn't pay attention to a label and was using something with sulfates in it again for a week or so. My problem is that I finally found products that worked for me (a cowash with Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner followed by using that as a leave-in and CJCCCL as a styler and using an ACV rinse a few times a week) but for the past few weeks I've noticed my hair is... well dirty is the best way I can describe it. I've always had very dry, clean hair and I don't know what's up. It feels kind of oily, even after I cowash or use my AVC rinse it still feels like I have some kind of buildup and I don't understand why. It's causing my hair to look dirty and stringy and giving my curls this ugly frizz. I really don't want to have to go hunting again for different products since I'm on a college budget and schedule, but I will if I have to....

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is it time for me to find a different cowash?

I have type 3a curls and haven't changed anything else like exercising habits or diet if that helps.

Please help! I'm incredibly frustrated and don't know what to do or try.
3a
Conditioner: Elucene Moisture Balance
D.T: Searching
Protein Treatment: CatWalk Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo
L.I: Don't need one as of now because of CJCCL!!!
Styler: CJCCL

Natural since November 2011