**I know the true definition -- at least the Webster one **

Search Results
    1. rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

Noun:
      • The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
      • Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief
Originally Posted by Speckla
OK, so you're being serious, not making a poor attempt at humour. Complaining about someone else's racism, however mistaken or misguided those complaints may be, is not a belief that races possess specific characteristics or prejudice directed at someone based on those beliefs. Doing it to be a jerk or get free stuff doesn't fit that definition, either.

I know there isn't one universal definition of racism, but that one is pretty lousy. For one thing, racism isn't simply preconceived notions about races possessing certain traits, but a belief in the inherent inferiority of some races and the inherent superiority of others. Also racism isn't just about prejudice, but about prejudice PLUS power.
Originally Posted by Amneris
It's prejudice but the power to hold down or back a race or culture that you find to be inferior back on skin color or other physical features.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe you over think and over analyze too much? Just because someone has a different point of view or doesn't word something exactly like you might does not meant they are wrong or misguided. Everyone has an input that can be valuable. I do have the right to assess a situation and give my o
Originally Posted by Speckla
And no one is trying to deny you that right. But when you offer an opinion that others find incomprehensible or incorrect or based on factual errors, they also have the right to express that.

I am not sure what me overthinking or overanalyzing has to do with anything. I don't have to overthink this issue because it is very familiar to me. I have worked, studied, lectured and published extensively on this topic as well as living it. Anyway, I would rather overthink it than put out a series of posts like yours that are illogical, incomprehensible and based on flimsy to no factual or scholarly basis. For example, what does this even mean?

It's prejudice but the power to hold down or back a race or culture that you find to be inferior back on skin color or other physical features.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali