Ugh, I thought I replied to this but I guess it didn't post....anyway....

Try posting on the 4a forum, they may have more ideas. Meanwhile, we would need more info about your daughter's hair and routine to really help.....how often do you shampoo, what products are you using, etc. Then maybe we can see if she may have build up, or protein overload, or not enough moisture and so on.

I NEVER wear twists or braids, my hair is loose or in a bun 100% of the time. For me the main thing with my (kinky curly) hair is to keep it moisturized (not with oil - that's just to seal in the moisture) and to use a product with "hold" like gel. The gel keeps my coils/curls separated so they don't tangle with each other and mat up. I can't tell from your post if you have already tried any of this....also, the CG method really helped me figure out my hair and get it under control. That may be worth a try.

HTH

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
- Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
- RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
-Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst