Whatever you do, never get it thinned out and make sure to keep an eye on your stylist for sneaking those thinning shears in your hair. When you thin your hair you're cutting random pieces throughout your hair just like the top poster said. It usually looks great out of the salon, but once your hair starts growing out again you get these random short pieces that like to stick out and makes your hair look even more poofy. Thinning is great for people with straight hair that is very thick, but not textured hair in my opinion.

I get layers, it helps my hair to lie down flatter. I know lots of people love volume and crave it but I have too much in the wrong places. Layering helps with that. If you don't like the look of layers you can always get it "under layered". I've done that before too except thats only good if you wear your hair down most of the time. You can ask that they leave enough underneath for you to be able to put in a ponytail, but it can make styling harder for when you wear your hair put up. I like it though because it gives your hair the look of being one length on top, but underneath is where it's shorter. It also helps the hair to lie flatter and helps with volume on the bottom of your hair.
2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine*

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)

Last edited by txwvy32; 10-16-2012 at 09:44 AM.