I'm physically ok. Well at least i think. ...
Originally Posted by Khrystena1985
I strongly agree with Gretchen. While your hair might just be damaged from over-processing, you really should get a basic medical check up to be on the safe side because there are several conditions, a couple of them serious, that can cause some of the drastic changes you describe (especially your hair falling out).

Whatever your medical status, there are a few things you can do to try and correct your hair symptoms. These are things I used recently to help my hair come back from a rogue dye job, compliments of a shade of semi-permanent color called "Natural Instincts" that was recently recalled (I suspect there was too much peroxide in the formula):

First, wash your hair with regular shampoo to remove any product build-up you may have. Next - because of the limpness of your curls and the fact that your cuticles might be compromised or damaged, use a conditioning protein reconstructor (Kenra has one that's really good). After rinsing that out, use an ACV (apple cider vinegar rinse) to correct any pH imbalance you may have and use a LIGHT moisturizing conditioner (a heavy conditioner may make your hair even more limp if your hair is highly porous, which I suspect it is following all the processing). You can do a keyword search here if you want to learn more about these treatments, or someone might tell you more about them - or other treatments - in this thread.

Your hair sounds angry but it's possible it will gradually return to a more balanced state (when ruling out certain health issues). It may take patience. Here's what I did: before trying the above treatments, I took a few hairs from various parts of my head to establish a baseline sample of the starting condition of my hair. After each protein treatment (I've not done about 3 in the past 3 weeks), I took more hair samples to test progress. These samples show my hair is returning to its normal, curly and resilient state. You will hopefully find the same for your hair too.

... That said, if you don't notice any progress with any approach and you seriously are ready to hit "re-set" and just chop your hair super-short, that is a perfectly valid option. But again, regardless of what you do with your hair, I really, really encourage you to use common sense and see a doctor.
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums

Last edited by Korkscrew; 10-18-2012 at 02:18 AM.