if you check out Waterlily716's youtube vids, she has tons of info on curly hair and her most recent thing is dewpoint and how to figure it out. Here is her youtube vid on dewpoint/season changes: Curly Care: Summer to Winter Hair Care and Dew Points - YouTube

Your hair sounds like mine, I have very fine 2B/C hair, but lots of it. I coloured my hair once, last month, and the frizz is killing me! lol! But I am also discovering (found this out while using Devacurl products) that my hair really hates protein, so I think it is important for you to figure out your hair type first as another poster here suggested...I did the hair float test and others, and my hair, though fine, is actually low-porosity and therefore a little coarse. Takes forever to dry if I don't use my diffuser. So I am finding the best thing for my hair is a coconut oil DT once a week, and then just protein-free products along with less glycerin and hair is better, calming down a bit.

You just have to keep experimenting with different products and techniques, as frustrating as that sounds! ;p what works for one person may not work for you...but knowing what kind of hair you have will really, really help Good luck!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!