I was semi-running - had virgin hair for thirty years, (I am 51 now) and coloured it with a semi-permanent colour last month. Really wish I hadn't - it has made my hair go crazy, turned it into a frizz-mop! ;p won't ever colour it again, I think.

And I wasn't doing too badly for 51 - just a small handful of silvery grey running through bangs/canopy...can't imagine why I thought I needed to colour it!

I am praying I look like Jeepy at 55 I am in awe of her (and a few others here!) hair! Y'all are aging so gracefully and beautifully and therefore, don't look old in the least!

One last thought on colouring the hair after 50 - it looks weird to me, cause then the hair doesn't match the face ;p Since I coloured mine, I feel like I am wearing someone else's hair, or a wig...young hair, older face.
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!