What ingredient(s) makes it a "cleansing" conditioner appropriate for "co-wash" then? Are Cetyl Alcohol and Cetearyl Alcohols cleansers?

Is a DevaCurl No-Poo a "co-wash"? I ordered a product from Ouidad called Ouidad Co-Wash (contains Behentrimonium Chloride), which I thought was a "no-poo", but now I think I have no idea what I'm using...

Are the products that call themselves "cleansing conditioners" (Hair One, Wen, Daily Fix, etc.) "co-washes" but not"no-poos"?

I think I've had these definitions wrong all along...maybe...
Originally Posted by gardencurls
It's very confusing. Cetyl alcohol is a "lubricant and thickening agent." Behentrimonium Chloride "is used as an anti-static agent and a disinfectant. In water treatment, it acts as an algaecide."

Couldn't find the exact ingredients for the Oudid cowash; however, the website said it contained a "naturally-derived coconut cleanser for a truly unique experience that never dries or strips hair." That's a definition of coco b.

In reviewing the Wen ingredients, I couldn't find that I could identify as a cleansing ingredient. It does have the "a cone," so many of us wouldn't use it.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams