LOL! I guess I could have done that myself. Thank you so much.

Now - for the real kicker...does this mean Ouidad Co-Wash is actually a POO?

I've been assuming that "co-wash" means a product does not contain surfactants that create lather. Therefore, a co-wash is a type of no-poo, because it doesn't have a lathering detergent...However, it seems that "co-wash" also means mild cleanser plus conditioner...kind of like vintage Pert Plus...only without the hydrochloric acid, or whatever that stuff seemed to contain.

For me, the formulas of Wen and Hair One can be considered typical "conditioners", as opposed to "shampoos", because they do not contain detergents. Based on this, the terms Conditioner Wash and Co-Wash seem accurate. It seems like DevaCurl "No-poo" falls into the category of "conditioner". (No-poo ingredients list from drugstore.com: Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cymbopogan Schoenanthus Extract, Humulus Lupulas (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth 4, Grapeseed Oil, Peppermint (Leaf) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acid, Soy Amino Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance). So DevaCurl "No-poo" is a conditionerwash, in the way that Hair One and Wen are co-washes.

(DevaCurl Low-Poo has coco betaine listed, but No-Poo does not, which is why I called the No-Poo a "conditioner").

But, now a "co-wash" might be a "low-poo" or even a "poo"...depending upon how it is marketed. Very sneaky.

Huh. Just when I thought I had it down.
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Occasionally Modified since 2013
Favorites:KCKT/KCCC/CHS Curl Keeper/Camille Rose Curl Maker/
ORS Curls Unleased Second ChanceRefresher/
It's a 10 Leave-in/BRHG/
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine butter/
Ouidad Double-Detangler Comb

Last edited by gardencurls; 10-23-2012 at 06:44 PM.