View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Ml001

I have wavy hair - mostly 2b mixed with 2a/2c. I have cut my own hair a few times and liked it just fine (better than about 90% of the cuts I've gotten in the past ten years!) I don't do it often because I don't have professional scissors and was worried I was doing damage using less than good cutting tools. (I actually used an electric razor meant for hair - we cut hubby and son's hair with it.) Anyway, I followed a video on YouTube by YTer 'notaditdot'. The cut I did was a basic layer cut. (She used scissors not an electric razor!)

I had cut it a couple of times, found a stylist I trusted, she moved and I cut it myself again once. After that, I went to a new stylist, explained to her how I cut it, she did the same and it came out fine. Went to her again, she said she remembered so I did not give any instruction and, well, let's just say she clearly did not remember and I haven't gone back. I also haven't had a haircut since then because I can't figure out what to do.

I would love to find a stylist I can trust to be consistently good. That last one I went to was recommended by my stylist that had moved plus another stylist who had also moved. She was supposed to be the best at the salon. I considered a Deva stylist but they are hit and miss, too. I do have a recommendation from someone on the board here, and I may go to that stylist but its a 5 hour drive (no joke tho I do have family in the area there). I'm also thinking it might just be time to invest into a good pair of professional scissors and do it myself all the time.

Good luck.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
Ml001 is offline   Reply With Quote