I agree with everyone else, our hair is as complicated as we want to make it. For me i'm ok with a looser pattern if it means I don't have to sit there and scrunch forever and add so many products and plop....ugh too much. There are times when I do all that if I want to make the effort, but usually I just don't lol. A lot of times it all sounds like a lot of steps but it's really not. Even straight haired girls apply oils and cremes sometimes to keep the frizz down and then blowdry their hair before going to work/school. My steps are simple I think and not as time consuming as it sounds:

I cowash/lowpoo, condition and detangle, squeeze some water out, apply leave in, apply oil to ends, rake in some curling creme and then some gel, scrunch once over with a tshirt and diffuse on high warm for ten minutes or so and then on high cold for another two to three minutes to settle my hair back down. I have a lot of hair lol. Other times I just let it air dry if i'm not going out right away.
2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine*

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)