CIAB was difficult for me to figure out. I didn't like that if I used too much, I'd end up with little flakes . This has never happened with CK. I've never been able to "over do" it with CK. I always get great hair with this product. I've tried and tried using CIAB many different ways but it's just not for me. I'm really surprised that CK works as well as it does for me being that the dews where I live are pretty low on average.
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
I thought I was the only one! I tried CIAB without success and eventually put it on the swap board. Since it seems to be an HG for curlies of all types, I picked it up again and tried it with every conceivable combination of other products, only to experience the same disappointing results. So back onto the swap board it went for good

Curlypearl, I did the same thing: picked up Curl Keeper in a swap and never got around to trying it! I have so many other stylers, and many of them are perishable natural products, whereas CK seems to have a longer shelf life. This thread prompted me to pull it out this morning, and thus far I'm quite pleased. I'll have to see how it holds up over time, but it's already outperformed CIAB for me.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak