I have the same problem my hair can't decide what it is, and never looks the same two washes in a row! I have even had days where I had 2C, 3A, 3B, 3C and 4A all appear in my hair. I can't explain that, it is like each clump has its own type. Who knows why this happens!

I am just learning to live with it...and to try different techniques - so far Rudeechick's SuperSoaker method has worked best to give me some uniformity of curl, along with TiGi products (Loveee the curls rock curl amplifier!) and coconut oil DT's. I suspect each curly has her/his own journey to follow, and to learn to understand your own hair, and its prefs ;p sorry that I can't help you more than to share my own experience...

The only other thing that I can think of that would help is a kind of pick comb I picked up at Sally's beauty supply store, it is round and has a round handle and the picks are all different heights and lengths. It slips right into/out of hair, and it can help you curl stubborn pieces with your blowdryer...without damaging your hair. Anyways good luck with your stubborn side pieces
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!