Sounds like the emperor's new clothes to me, although I was tempted to try a drugstore brand. Then I remembered why I switched to a mineral foundation in the first place -- to get the coverage I wanted plus a touch of sun protection, without the clogged pores and acne cysts.
Originally Posted by hmkenny
Do you know of any mineral foundation with more than SPF 15? Also, mineral powders always make my skin itch and they look shiny. Do you have any expert "tips"? I'd love to use just a powder, because I have oily skin, but I need that SPF more than anything...

Thanks!
Originally Posted by gardencurls
I think the Bare Minerals compact is SPF 20. For extra SPF, I use a gel sunblock under my mineral make up or powder make up instead of a primer. I prefer a gel formula because they don't make me as greasy as traditional sunblock, but they can cost more. I've been using SolBar's in SPF 30 but I got a sample of CoTZ's Face Natural Skin Tone Sunblock in SPF 40 from Ulta and I think I might be in love. It feels more like a primer than a sunblock and it takes make up SO WELL. Nothing budged once I layered over it.

Last relaxer: August 2008
Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009

Blog: Alice in Nappyland