View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
jsuzkelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljpizzo View Post

Ya know based on me stalking around CurlTalk, and seeing your pics I wanna say we have very similar hair. It's funny because Since I joined I also discovered the Wavy Hair Community on facebook and I haven't shown my face much on there since then. Its funny that this long later I go look at the 3a thread and there is my post right at the top!

Thank you everyone for the nice words! Since I posted this I have become a total PJ and products and techniques definitely help a lot. The biggest struggle I'm having still is that the hair on my crown is vastly different than the rest... I could almost map out my scalp and tell you where the 3b/3a region (crown), the 2c region (around my face), the 2b region is my under layer and the pesky hairs right around my ears are 2b after I SOTC and then go to 2a or some of them are completely straight at the end of the day.

I love my hair but I wish it would all be the same!!! there is nothing I hate more than beautiful ringlets sitting next to straight stringlets!
That's funny - my underneath is more 2b also, but my technique has gotten better at getting that section to curl up more. And surprisingly, the length helps with that section. But my 3a (sometimes even 3b) parts are the front sections around my face, especially above my ears, and the back and canopy is my 2c section. Most of the time I just don't worry about it. If I really want my curls to be more uniform, then I will take some extra time to twirl different sections.

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote