lol you sound like my hair twin and I have the same trouble.

I blow dry my roots by hanging my head upside down, then bringing the nozzle (at a very low heat!) right to my roots so I don't disrupt the other curls...if I am air drying, I "pine-apple" my hair (use a ribbon and tie it in a pony tail on the top of your head, a ribbon helps not to disturb the curls) and that should give you root lift too.

If you are a 2C the hair naturally hangs close to the head, so there isn't a lot you can do about that...unless you lift your hair very gently and carefully and apply heat to the roots, or put in duckbill or jaw clips all over your head at root level ;p

You can also occasionally do the "rock n' roll" head shake, you know, bend forward at the waist and sort of toss your hair, whipping it around in the air. I often do this when I want a bit of natural lift. You can also try a volumizing mousse product for your hair, TiGi puts out a product called Totally Baked that gives awesome volume (I use it on my roots) but you cannot use more than two pumps for ALL of your hair, or your hair will go frizzy and greasy looking! A little goes a looooong way! I use one pump of the foam and emulsify a bit in my hands, then just rub it into the roots of my hair.

Hope any of that helps!

I am sure many others here with more experience will have better solutions for you! Me, I have just learned to live with minimal volume, and focus on the curl definition instead
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!