I tried to reply earlier but had site issues.

I use henna, and haven't found it to be drying at all. In fact, my hair has returned to its natural oiliness since I quit using chemicals (commercial and salon dye).

My hair is naturally red, but the henna adds intensity I'd lost as I've aged . It's also really easy to slap on my hairline when I notice grey shining through.

Only one stylist talked about henna with me, and he gave me such a bad haircut, I've tuned out the details.

I like it for its ease of application; having control over my own color; its value; and the vividness of color I get.

(RCW persuaded me to use it, and she was right. Credit where credit is due.)
Originally Posted by claudine19
I only have a few grays starting to pop up, but they drive me crazy! I also like the vividness of the henna color and hope to get more of it now that I'm not using a premixed bar. Glad to hear henna doesn't dry out your hair! That's one of the things that made me hesitate trying the BAQ hennas.

I've been using henna for a year or so. The one that gives me the best color is hennasooq's red raj. It covers my greys wonderfully.
Originally Posted by Rusycurly
I'm so excited for Red Raj to be back in stock! Once it is, I'm gonna pounce!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength