View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
scrumptiouseva

Default CG for over a year and NOTHING is working for my frizz!

I'm getting extremely frustrated and discouraged with my hair...I don't know what to do anymore! I can't wear my hair down because it's so frizzy and I've gotten to the point where I'm just ready to start blow-drying it and straightening it again, which I really don't want to do.

I'm definitely a 2A (with a little bit of 2B in the back). My hair likes protein, so I alternate between DC One and AO GPB. After I shower, I use KKKT leave-in, AG Re:Coil and top it off with Curls CCP. Then, use a micro-fiber towel and let air dry. If I leave my hair down to air-dry 100%, it's a big frizzy mess and looks terrible. So, after it's about 50% dry, I put it up in a bun. If I'm at home, I can take my hair down (after it has dried to about 75%) and wear it down for a few hours. If I'm outside where there's wind and humidity, I take it down and 15 minutes later, it's like a rat's nest, so I put my hair back up. It doesn't matter what the weather is, if I'm outside, it turns into a mess. My hair looks SO good when I first take my hair down from the bun but I can NEVER get it to stay that way.

I've tried both DC AnGel and Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee gels in my hair. They both make it look worse. Maybe my hair doesn't like gel...? I've tried SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I've tried PTs and DTs. I've tried protein-free methods and protein-craving methods. I've tried plopping. I've tried using different amounts of each product in my hair. I've tried adding products to my hair after it's dry. I had a company test my hair strands and I've tried most of the products they recommended to no avail. I get regular hair cuts, so I don't have many split ends. I really am at a loss here.

So far, Re:Coil has been the only product that seems to tame my hair even the slightest. Can anyone offer me any advice? Am I doing something wrong? I'd just like to be able to wear my hair down without feeling a rat nest.

Thank you.

Last edited by scrumptiouseva; 11-03-2012 at 12:38 AM.
scrumptiouseva is offline   Reply With Quote