View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Corrina777

A few thoughts:

I didn't see you list any shampoo/low-poo. Does this mean you have been strictly co-washing? If you haven't already, you might want to clarify in case some of the frizz you're seeing is related to product. A lot of wavies have trouble with conditioner-only cleansing and need to use a low-poo or a gentle sulfate shampoo once in a while.

Have you tried a more moisturizing LO? KCKT is awesome for detangling, but not very moisturizing. One of the main curl enhancing ingredients in Re:Coil is magnesium sulfate (epsom salt), which some people find drying. I love Re:Coil, but I always pair it with a richer LI.

In terms of minimizing frizz, I've always done better with gel than without, but I know from experience that finding the right one can be frustrating. Have you considered Biotera Gel (at Sally's)? It has a thinner consistency than BRHG but better hold than AnGell. It also seems to play well with every product I've paired it with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote