Thread: Favorite oils?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Jas76

I love oils!

I use EVCO - mainly for pre-poos, but sometimes on dry hair. Once in a while on soaking wet hair mixed with LI. Mostly I find it works in combination with other stuff, or if I'm going to wash it out. On its own it tends to make my hair stiff if the temps aren't high enough to keep it from solidifying. That being said, it's good in the summer, and even has some natural SPF.

EVOO - I use it in my DT's!

Jojoba - it's a good sealer and refresher oil.

Burt's Bees nourishing baby oil - its gt a great mix of oils and I find it really moisturizing, by too heavy, and keeps the crunch at bay a bit. I use it mixed with LI on soaking wet hair.

SM elixir - I use this as a refresher, to SOTC, and on wet hair for moisture and sealing. Love it!

Mineral Oil - this is BY FAR the best thing I've found for sealing my porous hair. It doesn't weigh me down, it doesn't give me build-up (even when I co-wash), and it keeps moisture in, and excess moisture out. It's somewhat "controversial", but once I read a few articles on NC, I decided to give it a try. It's now become a complete HG for me! I dont use it EVERY time (especially when I'm not leaving the house that day), but I use it most of the time. Just a few drops over LI and under gel.

I'm sure I'll try more oils! Argan is on my radar for sure! (though that's ingredient #2 in SM's elixir)

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
Jas76 is offline   Reply With Quote