I understand that a lot of the CG methods really help 3s and 4s. But, as a 2, I'm questioning them.

What's the point of trying to make our waves as curly as possible? Sure, if you like it, that's great -- go for it! I like the way curly hair looks just fine.

The problem is that I'm so tired of fighting the weird mix of curls that is my hair, trying to make everything curly. Some pieces are nearly straight, while others are almost 3s. Often, the strongest curls deflate within a few hours anyway. Instead of trying to make them all 3s, why not go for a happy medium?

My hair is super soft. I like how soft my hair is. When I do all the curl junk, it's not. Breaking the casts helps to an extent, but it's never as soft as my natural hair.

Like most wavies, I fight frizz, and I think this is my real battle. Co-washing has helped a lot, as has getting a shower filter. I use Hair One, and lately I've been using mousse (no cones or parabens). My hair has been acting fairly decent, especially now that the summer humidity has passed. I use low heat only sometimes, and use a heat protectant when I do.

Anyone else out there going for soft, natural waves instead of curls? What do you use? What do you find helps?
Originally Posted by Roswenthe

You definitely should do what's best for you and your hair!!!! My hair is 2a and I have no misconceptions that it's waves and will never be "curly". I'm trying to just accept what they are and not what they'll never be. I tried both the strict and mod-cg method for quite some time and I finally got frustrated with all of it and gave up on making my hair wavy for 7 months. Now it's grown out a lot and I missed my waves so I'm working on them again but this time I'm using sulfates and 'cones in my shampoo and conditioner. I just got annoyed and stressed trying to find CG approved products. If it works for some, that is awesome but don't try to do what isn't right for you! Good luck!
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] [I][B]My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/