View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Knotty_Maddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas76 View Post
Anyone tried both? Are they really comparable? Was one better? How do you use each?

I'm dying to try CK, but then I have KY and it works ok, but I think it's a little glycerin heavy for lower dews... Unless I'm not using it right...
I would love to try CK, but it is hard to get here in Canada at a reasonable price, and has to be ordered off the web...

I have been using KY for the last few days, just putting it in after my LI, I use about a quarter-size x 3 for the crown and two sides of my hair. What I am finding is that you have to use a lot - others here have said same, when I researched the KY. Many emulsify with the same amount of water (put whole tube of KY in with equal amount of water in a container, and shake to mix) and they say that way it works just like CK...I can't say as haven't tried the CK, but this will be my next move, as I find applying it straight from the tube works well for the first few hours, but then the curls droop.

What I do find about KY is that it seems to work way better when you rewet hair on the second day...add a bit of gel on top of that, and have very curly (if a tad frizzy) day two hair. Well, that's been my experience - hth!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote