I did this yesterday, wow! I thought my curls had dissapeared years ago. (I have been CG for years. I had great hair for a couple years after I went CG, then had my last baby, and my hair went flop.) I think maybe it was just because I didn't have time to care for it anymore?

Anyway, I haven't tried a protien treatment in like 2 years. I guess I just gave up, because nothing seemed to help.

So this is what I did yesterday;

I used (approx)
1 egg
1 heaping T natural peanut butter with honey (will probably use plain next time, as the honey kind has sugar and salt added.)
1 tsp honey
1-2 T olive oil (just enough to make it spreadable)

I rubbed it into my hair. It was hard, so I added a tiny bit of water to make it runnier. I rubbed it in the best I could, then wrapped my head in a plastic grocery bag. I got a towel wet with hot water, and wrapped that around my head to warm it, but I don't think that was needed. I left it in about 2 hours. I shampooed it twice (it all came out fine) and the conditioned with conditioner mixed with oil and let it sit about 15 minutes before rinsing.

I can't believe the difference it made! Whenever I styled my hair curly (wavy), it always looked limp and fried, and blah, and when I didn't style it curly, it looked even worse.
Now my hair just looks so much more... alive! LOL Hard to explain. The curls are formed much better, it has more body, and it doesn't look so fried anymore. It also was much easier to comb out the curls. (I do use a pick, my fingers just don't cut it.)

Anyway, thanks for posting!
Laura
2bc f/ii highly porous hair
CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly )
Fotki updated 6-30-09