I think it is. IMHO, it's all in the products and how you handle your hair. You need to get the protein/moisture balance right. The best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties, hair type is relatively unimportant because it's transiet (type changes based on products, dewpoint, technique, etc.) Here's a link to help you. It has information on properties, ingredients, etc. Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics

Once you determine your properties, you can look for people with hair like yours and see what they use. It's the best place to start.

My hair doesn't care for gel--it give me frizz. I determined it was the chemicals, especially polyquats. A lot of the other chemicals are what gives you that producty feel. My hair prefers the jelly product--gelatinous substance with out the chemicals. Not sure why KCCC would feel producty (unless you're using too much.) It's all natural. On the other hand, Miss Jessie's products contain mineral oil and other ingredients that my hair hates.

In general, my hair prefers the products from the online, boutique type companies. As long as I stay away from the chemicals, my hair is always soft. Frizz is another matter--have to make sure it has enough protein. That really helps me.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams