So I don't know how much longer I can try to figure out my hair, but what choice do I have????

I went from major knots and fall out (trying to comb through the knots) to losing half the volume of my hair and having to cut much of it off - realizing I have a protein sensitivity (or at least I think) -

So I eliminated ALL protein and that helped, but all I was left with was KCKT and KCCC which were my only "go-tos" and they were working - meaning, they gave me shine, softness, didn't leave my hair feeling brittle- could get me to the second day, and would wash out without making me have to comb through hundreds of tangles.

Then I started experimenting with some new products - ones without protein - but I kept getting left dry by night. Hair would start out fine, but as it dried, and as the day progressed, it would get more and more dry - till it started to feel brittle and a little "nesty" - by the next day I would have to wash it just b/c it was brittle and yucky (could never get second-day hair) - so I would suspect other ingredients (Since I wasn't using protein) like coconut, panthenol, etc.

It was nearly impossible to eliminate those things -

I got a bunch of samples from kathymack and they were all-natural, no chemicals, etc. so I was excited! But the same thing started happening - dryness by end of day, next-day hair was tangly or "nesty"

UGH!

Then I went back to KCKT and KCCC just to be "safe" and start over and get some decent hair days EXCEPT - THEY STOPPED WORKING TOO! I had a really bad hair day with them and KCCC suddenly felt drying!!!

UGH!

So I just went super simple. I had this Camillia Rose Aloe Whipped Gel and I used only that - I had decent hair. The next day, I tried it again - same thing - but this time I got frizz! Ugh!

Then yesterday I tried AO Mandarin Magic and I got GREAT HAIR! Nice "s"-curls, soft, shiny, bouncy and okay second-day hair. So I'm going to try this again and see...

But seriously ... who goes through this much experimentation? What is happening? I thought eliminating protein would help. But then I suspected panthenol, glycerin, aloe, coconut - and yet AOMM has panthenol and aloe in it.

So it's not obvious to me if my hair doesn't agree with an ingredient b/c often my hair will look fine for the first couple hours and then slowly "deteriorate" into dryness or tangles or poof.

Please help! I'd pay someone at this point to help me with this hair of mine!
3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!