View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
LilaGirl

This sounds like my hair - I want to cry. I'm jealous of everyone who is like "my hair hates this or that" b/c my hair never behaves consistently enough to ever get an accurate read.

I will try focusing on just coconut for a while since I have a coconut condish that I can use as a LI maybe with the AOMM - it seems like AOMM hasn't given me any trouble, so maybe panthenol is okay but who knows??

Do most get dry by night or get second-day hair? I don't even really know what to expect from my hair - I just know it should get so tangled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Do you color your hair regularly? I'm asking because I had the worst "figuring my hair out" journey ever (well, it seemed like it anyway). It would take me days to describe everything I've tried, including methods, over a period of a few years. Products would work for awhile and then stop. I decided that aloe was one of the culprits. Turns out I was wrong. I could NEVER count on my hair to behave the same way. On days it was important that my hair looked decent, it was majorly stressful. One thing I discovered was that my hair can't take much moisture. The other thing I discovered is that my hair can't take much chemical coloring. So, I stopped chemical coloring (I use henna now but I realize that's not for everyone). Within 2 months of stopping the color, it was like I had a different head of hair. I wasn't using box coloring either --I was going to a stylist who used a demi-permanent color. I just didn't realize how much the coloring was messing with my hair until I stopped. Obviously, I don't know if that's the trouble with your hair; I'm just throwing it out there as something to consider.

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
LilaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote