you could always try the super-soaker method...that helped me when I was at wit's end it was the only thing that worked for me. It might work for you - or another method listed in the Methods section will help

the most important part of the method, I think, is to use a Denman brush. It puts the hair back where it belongs. So, once you have washed and detangled while conditioning, and rinsed that out, put in your leave in and then brush your hair again with the Denman while it is still sopping wet. This creates clumps and will put the "wild" hair strands back into the curl clumps, thus preventing frizz. Then, gently lift handfuls of water into your curl clumps, in a scrunch type motion (but don't squeeze the hair) then plop for a bit in a cotton t-shirt, or let it drip off onto a cotton t-shirt around your shoulders. Then put your styling product in, then scrunch excess moisture out with another cotton t-shirt. Then, either replop for a few minutes more, or just place your hair where you want it and do not touch until it is dry. Hth!

You can watch the super-soaker method video on the Methods stickies in either the Newbies column (top of the column) or in the General hair discussion column Good luck!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!