Thanks, Kathymack, I stand corrected! lol! Actually, what I was trying to describe with my hair is that it's a fine/medium mix, but my individual hairs are strong and my hair does hold its curl - I meant hold in the sense of holding the actual style I put it in...? I didn't explain myself very well ;p (i.e. if I put it into a bun or braid it won't stay there, or if I place it in a specific way and leave it down, it undoes itself and replaces itself however it wants ;p ) I can't layer it, if I do, then the layered hair stands out sideways, if that makes any sense...?

It takes forever to dry so I have been using the pixiecurl method, maybe I should allow it to dry naturally and see what happens. I knew about the gel cast and I do my plopping religiously! And the humidity here has been very high, we have had loads of precipitation....

I went to the Live curly site yesterday and I saw the offer of hair analysis, I do believe I will have it done. Thank you for all your information and effort taken to explain to me, I really appreciated it I should know by now that product ain't everything!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-07-2012 at 09:28 AM.