View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
Knotty_Maddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Knotty-Maddy, I just answered in your thread about hold. Now that I read the post above, I have something to add about your problem with hold (don't know if this will help with OP's frizz and don't want to hijack this thread.) When I used a Denman brush, my curl feel out during the day. It wasn't a problem for me any other time. Since I've come on to nc.com and learned how to take care of my hair, my curl pattern has become stronger and I don't need hold.

Every so often, I'd try the Denman brush--and that day, my hair would start out well and then the curl would loosen throughout the day. Had to stop myself from trying to use the brush--so I gave it to my neighbor. Never had a problem with hold after I did that.

To the OP. How you handle your hair has a lot to do with subsequent frizz. I learned that from the DVD in the CG book. If you handle your hair gently, it will reduce the frizz. On the DVD, they use a method that's similar to the "ice queen" method for conditioning/applying product. You may want to try that one.
Kathymack, thank you. I did get curl fallout if I used the wide-tooth comb, but when I began to use the Denman, it actually made my hair curl more...? I have become more of a 3A than a 2C since I began using it. I threw my wide tooth comb in the garbage, lol! And the Denman certainly cut my frizz down to almost nothing! But I will skip it today and see what happens that might be my whole problem right there. That, or I am seriously over-conditioned...One thing I do know is that you know way more about curly hair than me, so I will certainly take your tips!

FuzzyMonster, good luck! I hope the book helps you! I need to get it myself...I did find that since I began playing around with the techniques here, and changing up my products, my frizz was significantly reduced.
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
Knotty_Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote