thanks knotty-maddy a ton..
I read the hairtype here ..so guess m right about my hair..but not knowing whether it hates protein or loves it..I only use coconut oil once a week ,massage and rwash and rinse it...apply some curl defining cream and thats it..m happy on that day about my hair.
My second day waves are also not bad.without applying any products..but slowly on 3rd and 4th day..it gets little frizz and gets dry.I feel like applying some oil but it makes my hair greasy.So I dont use it..But recently I tried cantu's shea butter on 4th day hair.I applied on sligntly damp hair which make my hair fall badly ie my hair doesnt like mix of water with oil.So m unable to understand what shud be done to moisturize it on 3rd or 4th day too..
And in my country ppl just use coconut oil,etc to moisturize it.So I am not aware of all these things.I used to hate my hairstyle before since always braid or just pull some upper strands and bobby pin it to stop flyaways.But discovered this helpful site for curlies out there.And now since I have a toddler its little difficult for me to wash my hair often care routine after wash.

And really thanks for knotty-maddy..U were soo polite for newbies like me...
Originally Posted by pearlycurl
Hon, I am a newbie too it's ok! I am just learning too!

Maybe your hair, personally, likes to be washed more often? Not everyone can go a week before washing again - I think it is pretty normal to feel kinda yucky by day 3 or 4 ;p Coconut oil does not have protein in it, but not all people with curly hair love it - your hair could respond well with coconut, or badly - My hair likes coconut but loves mineral oil, so you have to play around with all the oils. Some people prefer olive oil or shea...depends on your hair.

There are so many people here who know so much more about curly hair than me! So I hope someone else helps you too Meanwhile, what I do know is you have to have your hair analysed to see what type of hair you have, then follow the product recommendations for that...that much i have learned here, hair type is everything! After you know what type hair you have, it is easier to find the right products. And anyways a lot of this is just finding people here with the same hair type as you, and then trying what they use...eventually you will find what your hair likes or hates ;p I wish you luck, I am going through the same journey as you! I understand your frustration....I wish I could help you more. meanwhile good luck!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!