View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Morganvforrest

Default Does 2nd Day Hair exist?

Hello all! I'm brand new to the forum and after years and years of straightening, curling with a curling iron, etc., I'm trying to finally embrace my curls and get them back to their full potential!

Currently, I'm using Suave Naturals as a co-wash, a sulfate-free 'poo once a week, a little KKKT as a rinse-out and a little as a leave-in, and LALSG. Then I diffuse! I'm really liking how it looks having just started this and I feel like my hair is already getting healthier!

However! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get second day hair! I've tried pineappling but my hair still needs to be brushed the next morning which kills my curls. I tried braiding to avoid tangles, but that kills my curls too. I tried the washcloth method that I read on the boards (where you use a washcloth to rewet hair and scrunch some more product in), but that gave me frizzy half-wet hair and when I tried scrunching product in it was sticky and gross.

Hopefully, I'm missing a key step here since I'm new to all this! But as of now, I can't figure out anything beyond completely rewetting my hair in the morning and doing everything over.

Does anyone have methods, techniques, products, etc. that will help me get nice 2nd day hair?
Morganvforrest is offline   Reply With Quote